Thoughts on #GEN2243F20

        The end of our semester is on its way.  Personally, I feel as if this semester flew by compared to the previous two.  My freshman year cannot compare to sophomore year so far due to obvious circumstances, but I appreciate the effort faculty and students have put in to make it tolerable.  

        GEN2243, Exploring Your Digital Profile, taught me so much about technology's impact in the professional world.  From using social media to expand our network to running a weekly blog, the class opened my eyes to the amount of effort people put into their brand.  Some of my favorite class moments were when we had guest speakers.  I enjoyed hearing from people who are successful because it gave me hope that I can be like them someday.  I enjoyed learning about various extensions and software to help life be more manageable online.  Without Tweetdeck, Twitter scared me because it was too confusing.  Now, it is much more manageable and organized!  Through this class, APA format was introduced to me.  I have never been exposed to it before, so it definitely was a challenge.  However, I loved working on my research and using an unfamiliar presentation maker to create a slideshow.  


        One important topic the class taught me was to not be afraid to reach out using the internet.  I often have trouble with socializing in person, and the internet is great for helping me to communicate.  I feel relaxed knowing that I can contact professional online prior to the interview process.  I feel more comfortable building rapport prior to speaking in person.  Knowing that this is acceptable, and often encouraged, relieves anxiety.  Technology helps and creates promising futures for people similar to me.  Also, through the twitter account, I feel more informed with the fields of study I am curious and interested to be involved with in the future.  I strongly connected with theatre production and character design.  If there is a possible way to combine all of my interests, it would be the dream!  Until I figure out how to incorporate theatre, psychology, animals, and gaming into a career, I think I am content with possibly declaring my degree to theatre!


        The class is not exactly over yet, but I will miss learning the unique topics and perspectives.  I feel extremely more comfortable with my technological abilities and plan to improve them.  The world is changing as more technological advances are made.  Learning ways to adapt to these changes will help others find a fulfilling and successful career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Creatively Curating Content

The Social Media Buzz

Website Curation Guide